Got a case of the Sunday Scaries? You’re not alone. A 2018 LinkedIn study reported that 80% of professionals experience anxiety on Sunday evenings about the upcoming week. Especially if you have a busy schedule that carries into your weekend, it can seem impossible to get everything done. But don’t worry, our new favorite routine is here to help!
What is a Sunday Reset?
The Sunday Reset is currently trending–but it’s not just a passing fad! The Sunday Reset combines productivity with relaxation by taking time out of your Sunday to mindfully “reset” and prepare for the week ahead. Your Sunday Reset Routine can (and should) be designed for your personal needs, and it can consist of both administrative tasks and everyday chores. Put on your favorite relaxing music, light a candle, and get ready to romanticize your life. Here are some of our top Sunday tasks to make sure your week is a breeze.
Sunday Reset Routine Checklist
While everyone is different, we recommend organizing your Sunday Reset by room. Here's our list of suggested tasks, so you can easily pick and choose what works best for you!
- Meal prep, or cook a large batch meal that you can reheat throughout the week. Bonus points if you embrace low waste cooking!
- Tackle your weekend dirty dishes by running the dishwasher with a Dishwasher Detergent Pod, or easily hand washing them with Power Dish Spray.
- Wipe down the counters with your favorite sustainable cleaning solution and a damp Swedish Dish Cloth.
- Refill any bottles of Power Dish Spray or Foaming Hand Soap that are running low.
- Take out the trash, recycling, and compost for a fresh start!
- Wash and change your sheets and bedding. We love using our scented Fabric Softener Pods and Revitalizing Mist Fabric Refresher to add a bit of aromatherapy to your bed!
- Do a load of laundry with a gentle, eco-friendly detergent and hang up or fold your clothes. Be sure to use Wool Dryer Balls to shorten dryer time and keep those wrinkles away!
- Open the windows to get some fresh air circulating.
- Vacuum and mop your floors.
- Put away any accumulated clutter that has built up throughout the week.
- Spray some Revitalizing Mist to bring a light, refreshing fragrance to your space.
- Stop by your local florist or farmers market and pick up some fresh flowers.
- Restock and refill any products that are running low, like toilet paper or Foaming Hand Soap.
- Clean the toilet easily using an Oxi Booster Pod. Learn how here.
- Wipe down around the sink, counter, and mirrors with a wet Swedish Dish Cloth. For bonus points, dip the cloth in solution containing a dissolved Oxi Booster Pod to add an extra boost of cleanliness!
This list is meant to help lift the anxiety, not cause it! So try choosing a task or two from each room to get started. You’ll be surprised at how much you get done–and how easy it feels!
Most importantly, don’t forget to take some time for yourself in your Sunday Reset. Light that candle, play your music, and take some time to reflect on the week prior while easing into the week ahead. You got this!