Are you ready for a less-than-glamorous, but super important "How To?" Although most people already know how to clean their toilets, we thought it would be a good idea to share how you can use our Laundry & Household Oxi Booster Pods to do so, and to emphasize a few important points! First, you may be wondering how often you should be cleaning your toilet. While there is no exact science, cleaning it once per week (or biweekly if the toilet is used less often) should be just fine! Now onto the actual cleaning...
How to Clean your Toilet:
1. Remove everything from around the toilet first. Cleaning a toilet can get quite messy, and we don’t want to splash other items and double the work!
2. Gather your materials - a bristle scrubbing brush, a sponge, a pair of rubber gloves, one Oxi Booster Pod, and a bucket of warm water.
3. Drop the Oxi Booster pod in the water and let it sit until the pod has fully dissolved.
4. Put on your gloves to protect your hands from germs and liquids.
5. Start with the exterior of your toilet. You can work your way up from its foundation to the lid itself. Wipe underneath your toilet thoroughly with the sponge and soapy water.
6. Next, scrub both sides of the toilet seat thoroughly, then move to the often forgotten spots of the toilet that can harbor a lot of dirt and grime. For example, the toilet’s flush handle is a good spot to focus on as it can sometimes be dirtier than the actual seat itself!
7. Dip the brush in the bucket of soapy water, then use it to coat the entirety of your toilet bowl, starting underneath the bowl’s rim and working around. Make sure the solution is scrubbed thoroughly into the toilet bowl.
8. Let it sit for five minutes to help loosen up any grime or stains - then flush!
And that’s all there is to it! While it isn’t the most fun task on a cleaning list, if you follow these steps we know it can be a quick, painless job that helps keep your home sparkling. Happy washing!