Your California Privacy Rights Notice
Your Rights under CCPA and Submitting a Request
California law defines "personal information" broadly as information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. This Notice also uses that definition for personal information.
If you are a California resident and the processing of personal information about you is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have certain rights with respect to that information.
Your Rights under the CCPA
1. Right to Know.
You have a right to request that we provide you with the following information:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
- The purposes for collecting, using, or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with which we share personal information.
- The categories of personal information we have disclosed about you for a business purpose. Note that the CCPA defines “business purpose” broadly; and because we use service providers for a number of business purposes that require access to our systems that hold personal information (such as supplying cloud data storage, maintaining the security of our systems, and providing customer support), in the past 12 months we have disclosed for a business purpose data from all of the categories of personal information that we maintain.
You may make such a “request to know” by completing the form provided here. Please note that we have provided much of this information in the sections “Categories of Information we Collect,” “Categories of Personal Information Disclosed to Third Parties for a Business Purpose,” and “Categories of Information “Sold.”
- Right to Delete.
You also have a right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances, subject to a number of exceptions. To make a request to delete, complete the form provided here.
- Right to Opt-Out.
You have a right to opt-out from future “sales” of personal information. To make a request to opt out, complete the form provided here.
- Agent Requests
You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights under the CCPA. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide proof you have authorized it to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. To have an agent submit a request on your behalf, please have them email us at email@example.com.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, if you are a California customer, you may request information about whether a business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of such a request, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
Explanations and Definitions regarding the CCPA
- Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We collect information you directly provide to us through our website www.dropps.com, and through your other interactions with us. This may include when you use our site, register or create an online account with or through the site, purchase products, request information from us, sign up for our mailing list, use our services, enter into sweepstakes or other promotions, fill out a survey, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with or contact us.
The information we collect from you generally falls into the following categories:
- Contact Details/Personal Identifiers. We collect your contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone or mobile number, fax number, or other similar identifiers.
- Financial Data. If you make a purchase from us, we collect a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), depending on the form of payment you choose.
- Transaction Details: We collect details about your purchases or other transactions with us, including (but not limited to) your transaction history, purchase history, and transaction channel.
- Account Information. You may choose to register for an account to make a purchase or use certain services. We collect information from you regarding your account registration, such as an email and password.
- Marketing and Communications Data. We collect data concerning your preferences in receiving marketing, other targeted information from us, and your contact preferences.
- Demographic Data. When you create an account online, or engage with us at Dropps.com in other manners (such as taking part in surveys), we may request that you provide birth month and day, gender, and other demographic details, such as information about your shopping preferences.
- Content and Files. We may collect other information about you based on your interactions with us or that you choose to provide to us. For example, if you submit a product review you have the option to provide photographs or other information about yourself, and if you send us email messages or other communications, we will collect and retain those communications. We also collect information based upon your engagement and activity on our website, such as products you may have clicked on or blog posts you may have read.
When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. You may also use or device controls to prevent certain types of automatic data collection. However, if you choose not to provide or allow information that is necessary for certain Dropps’ website features, those features may not be available or function correctly.
- Purposes for Which We Use Personal Information
Business Operations. To operate our business, such as billing, accounting, improving our internal operations, securing our systems, and detecting fraudulent or illegal activity.
Improvement, Development, and Research. To test and improve our products, services and Sites, develop new products or features, and conduct research.
Personalization. To provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, via email, direct mail or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services you may use.
Customer Support. To provide customer support including for product returns, and to respond to your questions.
Community. To manage and administer our community features and member programs and services
Communications. To send you information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages such as Abandoned Cart, to invite you to participate in customer research opportunities, such as surveys and focus groups, and to process and deliver contest entries and awards.
Marketing. To communicate with you about new products, offers, promotions, loyalty rewards, contests and sweepstakes, upcoming events, and other news. In addition, we may offer certain discounts or rewards, or other promotions we may offer from time to time in exchange for our use of your personal information that you provide. Where we offer discounts or rewards in this manner, we will obtain your consent to our use of your personal information for this purpose.
We also use your information to provide you with other services or for other purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent. In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different sources to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience.
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed to Third Parties for a Business Purpose
We share personal data with your consent or as necessary for a business or commercial purpose. For example, when you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share that data with banks and other entities as necessary for payment processing, fraud prevention, credit risk reduction, or other related financial services.
In addition, we share all the categories of your personal information described above with third parties as follows:
- with our subsidiaries and affiliates including common data systems to process personal information as needed to provide our products and operate our business;
- with your consent, including if we notify you on the www.dropps.com site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information or when you agree to our sharing of your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us, including fulfilling orders or assisting us in advertising our products and services on third party websites;
- if you choose to enter into one of our sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions (a “Promotion”) we may disclose your information to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, as required by law, as otherwise permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, or otherwise in accordance with the terms of this Policy;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of corporate transactions or proceedings such as a merger, sale of company assets, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, divestiture, or other transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Finally, we may share other de-identified information in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that our site may include references or links to sites provided by third parties whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you provide personal data to any of those third parties, or consent to our sharing personal data with them, that data is governed by their own privacy statements, and not those made by Dropps.
- Categories of Information “Sold”
Under the CCPA, the definition of “sold” is extremely broad. Please know that Dropps will never provide personal information about you to other companies for money. So, in that respect, we do not “sell” your personal information to third parties. However, we do share personal information with companies that we work with, including to help us market, advertise, or deliver to you. When this information is in a format that directly identifies you by name, it is generally not shared with any companies for third-party marketing or advertising purposes.
Regardless, even though Dropps does not provide personal information to third parties for money, California law may characterize our providing the following categories of information we share with companies that provide services to you or to us, such as personalizing your experience with us or helping us to market, advertise, and deliver our products and services to you, as "sales" of personal information:
- Device and browsing information and other Internet activity information
- Purchase or other commercial information
- Demographic information
- Identifiers and contact information
Updates to This Notice
We may make changes to this Notice, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Notice, we will post the updated Notice on our website, and we will update the effective date at the end of this Notice.
This Notice is effective January 1, 2020.