When is Giving Tuesday?
What Should I Do for Giving Tuesday?
Consider Donating to a Reputable Organization
- Outdoor Outreach, who works to connect underserved and underrepresented youth with opportunities to thrive through outdoor experience.
- Eastern Sierra Conservation Corps, a conservation corps made of primarily BIPOC + LGBTQIA+ people.
- The Children’s Home Project, who's working to enrich the lives of children in Honduras through leadership, the outdoors and education.
- Brave Trails, a leadership summer camp for LGBTQIA+ youth to find their people and purpose outdoors.
- NOLS x Pattie Gonia, providing Queer outdoor leadership backcountry courses.
3. Support and celebrate the Disability Community through education, empowerment, and unity with FestAbility.
4. Search Giving Tuesday's website for local events in your area and volunteer your time.
5. Can't go in person? You can volunteer virtually, too! Check out this resource from Volunteer Match to find opportunities that fit your values.
Consider Other Ways to Give Support
6. Use your voice and your vote to help others.
7. Donate unneeded clothes, technology, or home goods.
8. Share information or skills with your community.
9. Create an in-person or virtual donation station.
10. Interact with organizations on social to help promote their content. Yes, this really helps!
Remember, Giving Tuesday is not solely focused on making monetary donations or gifts – it can include many different acts of generosity, like time, knowledge, and skills. Anything you can give today to help people and the plant is important! As we like to say, #EveryDroppCounts.