A few days ago we shared a tutorial with you about washing your makeup brushes, and wanted to follow up today with another for how to wash your sponges! Makeup sponges should be washed regularly, and replaced every three months. Celebrity esthetician Renée Rouleau shares that these sponges hold on to quite a bit of bacteria, so when you use it in the morning, you’re spreading germs and oil more than you may realize. Fun fact: our Oxi Booster Pods are perfect for washing these sponges!
Here’s how to get a thorough clean:
- Fill a sink or bucket half full with very hot water.
- Add an Oxi pod and make sure it fully dissolves.
- Immerse the sponges in the solution for 30 mins, swishing them around periodically.
- Rinse thoroughly in very hot water making all of the cleaning solution has been rinsed out.
- Lay your sponges out to air dry, preferably in direct sunlight outdoors!
It’s as simple as that! We hope this quick tutorial helps you keep your tools clean so you can enjoy your beauty routine without any worries. Keep your eye out for additional How-To shares coming up!