Let's face it. No matter how efficiently we've streamlined the process, we're not robots, so household chores can still feel a little tedious at times. The work is kinda thankless, there are no overtime pay provisions in place, and an unfair majority of whatever free time we do have is usually already earmarked for this or that project around the home front. Siggghhh.
Thanks to the creative hive-minds of the internet, though, there are a lot of hilariously accurate idioms out there to help us share in a little levity and laughter about the labor of love that is doing laundry.
1. “Laundry is the real Neverending Story.”
If only "The Nothing" would swoop in and make that pile disappear once in a while.
2. “When I said ‘I do’ I didn’t mean the laundry.’”
We should really update the traditional wedding vows to incorporate this important matrimonial memo.
3. “Irony is the opposite of wrinkly.”
Even the most curmugeon of literary wizards couldn't deny that truthbomb.
4. “Don’t you just love those 12 seconds when the laundry is done?”
Victory might be fleeting and all, but it sure is sweet while it lasts.
5. “Sometimes I feel like throwing in the towel but that would only mean more laundry for me.”
Who else is willing to wager Sisyphus wasn't actually rolling a boulder up a hill but was instead just trying to empty the hamper?
6. “I love doing laundry! Except for putting it in the dryer, taking it out and folding it and then putting it away.”
The struggle. It's really, really real.
7. “I’m pretty sure my laundry breeds while I sleep.”
What else could possibly explain this absurd phenomenon?
8. “I love when I wash a tissue with the laundry … said no one ever.”
Insult, consider yourself added to injury.
9. “I don’t want to fold my laundry. So I’ll restart the dryer … three times in a row.”
Hey, it's not like it's gonna go anywhere.
10. “When I’m wearing sexy, lacy lingerie … it just means I need to do laundry and I’m out of clean granny panties.”
Eat your heart out, fellas!
11. “The more laundry I do, the less nudists seem crazy.”
A life without lint doesn't sound so bad.
12. “And then I heard my sock say, ‘let’s play hide and seek.’”
Those sock-stealing wizards are a pesky (and prolific) bunch.
13. “I wish my bank account refilled as fast as my laundry basket.”
Ah yes, the lesser-known version of the "if I had a nickel" line.
14. “Behind every mom is a basket of dirty laundry.”
It's even in the job description.
15. “Folding laundry with a toddler is like trying to straighten a desk full of papers while a fan blows on it.”
Oh, you thought you only had to fold that shirt once with a two-year-old in the room? That's adorable.
16. “You know you’re a mom when you’ve been washing the same load of laundry for three days because you keep forgetting to put it in the dryer.”
Oh, you know.
17. “Finding a five dollar bill in the pants’ pocket is what I imagine winning the lottery must feel like.”
Finders keepers rules totally apply here.
18. “Whoever said death and taxes were the only guarantees in life obviously never had to do laundry.”
19. “We can land on Mars but we still haven't invented a dryer that folds all the clothes.”
Yeah, SCIENCE. What's that about?