Last Minute Cinco De Mayo Party? We've got Chipotle's Guac Recipe (and stain removal tips for when it's gone!)
Cinco de Mayo, Spanish for the “fifth of May,” celebrates Mexican heritage and pride. A typical celebration includes a fiesta with traditional Mexican dishes, free-flowing margaritas, and festive decorations and activities. Throwing a last minute party? We can help!
FOOD & DRINK
Bon Appetit's Ultimate Cinco de Mayo Guide includes everything from "How to Build the Perfect Plate of Nachos" to "21 Recipes for Mexican Foods that Aren't Tacos". Don't worry, they also included "15 Drink Recipes for Cinco de Mayo".
- Looking for the perfect guacamole recipe? Chipotle came through and revealed their top-secret guacamole recipe once and for all! Scroll down for the full recipe. You can thank us later!
- Serious Eats makes sure you've got all the recipes you need to complete your feast - from salsa to queso to tortilla soup.
Leave it to Pinterest to pull together all the best party decor ideas.
CHIPOTLE'S SEVEN STEPS TO THE PERFECT GUACAMOLE RECIPE
Photo Credit: Chipotle.com
THIS IS ALL YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Got guac stains? We can help! One of the not so pleasant side effects of their bright green color is the bright green mess it leaves on clothing. And when that avocado stain turns brown...you might have to work a lot harder to get it out.
GUACAMOLE STAIN REMOVAL:
1. Scrape off as much as possible using a dull knife or spoon.
2. Place a stain fighting booster pac on top of the stain. Pour room temperature water over top to dissolve the pac. Let the booster sit for 15-20 minutes while it works it's magic! Rub gently to loosen the stain.
3. Rinse thoroughly. The booster pac should knock out any set in stains, but you can repeat with a detergent pac if there is any leftover residue.
4. Launder as normal.